GP PHONE CONSULTATION
Under the Government’s Social Distancing program, we will be offering GP Phone Consultation for all patients. The GP may advise you to come in if you require a physical examination or treatment. Scripts will be left at reception or with the ChemistWarehouse next door.
Please speak to our reception on 94713788 to request for a GP Phone consult.
Procedures if coming to the practice
- Inform us if seeking care for respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, shortness of breath) by calling ahead of time
- Wear a facemask, if available, during transport and in our waiting room. If you don’t have one ask reception for one.
- Notify triage registration desk about respiratory symptoms as soon as you arrive
- Wash hands at healthcare facility entrance with alcohol-based hand rub
- Carry paper or fabric tissues to cover mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing. Dispose paper tissues in a trash can immediately after use
- Maintain social distance by staying at least one meter away, whenever possible, from anyone, including anyone that is with the patient (e.g., companion or caregiver)
Summerhill Medical Centre was established in 1995 to serve the people, families and businesses of Reservoir, Bundoora, Kingsbury, Preston, Mill Park, Macleod and Coburg with quality and convenient healthcare.
Due to the wonderful support of these communities, Summerhill Medical Centre has grown to 9 General Practitioners (male and female), 3 Practice Nurses (including a midwife), and a team of Allied Health Providers including dietitian, diabetes educators, physiotherapists, psychologist and acupuncturist/IVF acupuncturist. We have also teamed up with Eastern Respiratory Service to provide diagnostic testing as well as specialist medical consultation for our patients with various lung disorders.
In line with our ethos “Your Health, Our Focus”, we continue to provide affordable and accessible healthcare by bulk billing all patients and opening 7 days a week. We take appointments and also walk-ins as we believe that all patients should have access to a doctor when one is needed rather than when we can squeeze you in.
All of our GPs have over 10 years’ experience and have vast knowledge in Diabetes Management, Chronic Disease Management, Pregnancy and Women’s Health, Men’s Health and Travel Medicine (yes, we are Yellow Fever Accredited). Most of our doctors are also multi-lingual and can converse in Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Mandarin, Tamil and Urdu.
Our Clinical team includes a Mid-Wife who is a recognised shared care provider with over 20 years experience working at Royal Women’s Hospital and Mercy Hospital. Expecting parents should see her for practical pre-natal and post-natal advice. Before seeing us or whilst waiting in our rooms you may also wish to browse some find useful links to online health resources and online health tests.
Our highly qualified, caring nurses have the expertise to assist you and your team of health practitioners to manage chronic conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, osteoarthritis, auto-immune diseases among others. Ask your doctor if you qualify for a chronic care plan and EPC to save you time and money.
Services offered at our Nurse-Led Clinics.
- 40-49 Year Old Health Check
- Chronic Disease Management and Team care arrangements including medicare subsidised EPC referrals for allied health
- Preventative Health Check
- Over75 Home Health Assessment
- Wound management