At Summerhill Medical Centre, we encourage patients to be aware of their health. Provided below are some online health tests / tools that you can utilise and discuss the results with one of our doctors:
Please note that these tests do not replace a doctor’s diagnosis.
If you are experiencing symptoms contact your general practitioner.
– see if you have an allergy with this self-test developed by the European Centre for Allergy Research Foundationwww.ecarf.org
– With this free Asthma Attack Risk Checker (developed by the UK Asthma Council) you have the opportunity to find out if you are experiencing any Asthma symptoms. Prevention is the best way to avoid an Asthma attack and this online Asthma test will enable you to decide if you need to pay your GP a visit. Asthma needs to be taken very seriously as you can die from an asthma attack if you do not have the correct medications when it occurs – so err on the side of caution and ask your GP about it.Asthma Attack Risk Checker
– this Colorectal Council Alliance online quiz will help you identify things that may increase your risk to bowel cancer / colorectal cancerBowel Cancer Risk Quiz
– use this this interactive tool developed by Pink Hope in conjunction with Peter Mac to gain an understanding of your risk level for breast/Ovarian cancerBreast Cancer Questionnaire
– check your overall cancer risk by taking this Cancer Council online quizCancer Risk Quiz
– Check your cardiovascular risk with this calculator developed by the National Vascular Disease Prevention AllianceCardiovascular Health Test
– Diabetes is the fastest growing chronic condition in Australia. Take this test developed by Diabetes Australia to determine if you might be at riskDiabetes Self Test
– People can have kidney disease and not be aware of it. There are often no symptoms until the disease is quite advanced. You can use this calculator developed by Qkidney Health Australia to assess the risk of developing moderate-severe kidney disease over the next five years by answering some simple questions. .Kidney Function Test
– Check your mental health with this self-test developed by the Black Dog InstituteDepression self test
– Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers in the Australia but the good news is that if the signs and symptoms are spotted early it’s easier to treat. Use this test to find out whether you may have a mole that needs to be checked.Mole Test
– take this online test to determine if you may have a sleep apnoea. This can be confirmed by our GP by conducting a home based sleep study.Sleep Apnea Screening Calculator